Tuesday 5 April 2016

Therapy Hair Salon | Competition Winner


For the first two weeks in March, we ran a competition for local businesses on our Facebook page to win a commercial photo shoot. After a little battle towards the end, Therapy hair salon came out on top with a whopping 146 likes! 

On the 31st of March, I took a nice drive out to the thriving market town of Aylsham to have the honor of shooting this business and what a place it is!

After eventually finding a parking space (just like Stalham) and a short walk up Penfold street, you're greeted by this rather curious looking, bustling salon on the sunny side of the street. I could see on first glance that VW featured heavily in the design of the salon, so I was happy - being a little bit of a fan of the awesome German manufacturer myself. Also, what other place has working traffic lights in the window!! Everywhere you looked, the attention to detail of this salon was just over the top in the best way possible. The amount of work, effort and love that has gone into making this place unique is beyond limits! 

As it was a working day, with a jam packed diary, we couldn’t do anything staged or staff photos but I managed to obtain a few sneaky candid shots that worked well. The staff were all so lovely, and you could see they all fed off the great environment they worked in. 

My favourite area of the salon had to be the waiting area with the cool oil barrel table and the car seat sofa and arm chairs - AWESOME!

This place was a photographers dream with sooo much to try and cram in the shots; if I returned for a second shoot I'm sure I could find a million new angles and items to focus on. 

An item that caught my attention as soon as I walked in was the lamp shades (naughty me, I forgot to take my step ladder or I would of took a really nice arty shot of them) but for all you people who are a bit sad like me and watch QUEST, you'll know who Drew Pritchard is and know instantly what these green lampshades looked like. So were they bought off of Mr Salvage Hunter?

So, if you're in Aylsham or are looking for a local salon, go and take a look as this place is EPIC!

Well done to Therapy Hair Salon and thank you for your efforts in supporting our competition and also in making such a unique little business, that us at Snappers are obviously going to recommend to others!

No comments:

Post a Comment